Love Letter to Aunt Elsie-Grandmother

This is inspired from the Moments of Tranquilty Artist-Natasha Aguirre. This is a shadow box, of a Love Letter in Italian to my Grandmother from John Leoncavallo in 1917.  In addition, there is a post card from John and  his calling card. I also inserted a photo of my grandmother in her bridal attire however she did not marry John but married Salvatora Cudia,don't know the reason. But the love letter is beautiful, and of course it is written in Italian script as well!

I liked the layout Natasha used under the Stucco/Crackled paint layout, but because this needed to be preserved, I chose to put this in a shadow box under glass, and of course I did a little lacing on the top left side, which incorporates beaded ribbon from the GildedBee as well as the butterfly from Etsy.  I used buttons from Etsy dealer Ortidotan as well. I used a Martha Stewart fence punch to mimic the Dusty Attic fence that Natasha used but didn't have , (covered the bats with little metal flowers from Gilded Bee) also rubberstamped a Love definition on the right side, and a hummingbird on top  and added eyelash lace on the left side and glass beaded flower twig on the right side.

Comments

Popular Posts